Finding the right tiles for your home can be quite overwhelming. With so many colours, textures, types, brands, sizes – how do you find the best tiles that complement your dream interiors?
Worry not! Here, in this guide, we help you choose the right tiles for your home.
1. Which area of your home needs to be tiled?
Every tile is not ideal for every place. In the bathroom, you need to use anti-skid tiles to ensure you don’t slip. Similarly, you need to pay attention when choosing the tile for each part of your home. You need to keep in mind the maintenance cost too.
When looking for tiles, the first question you have to ask yourself is – which area of my home am I looking for tiles? You have to find the answers to the following questions:
- Will the tiles be installed on floors or walls?
- What’s the movement in the area – does it attract high footfalls?
- Will it be installed inside the home or outside?
- Will the tile be exposed to moisture?
While choosing tiles for walls, you don’t have many limitations. Since wall tiles are not subject to wear and tear like regular floor tiles, you can choose decorative and fancy tiles for the wall.
Certain areas of the home, like bathrooms and kitchen, are high movement zones. So, look for tiles that are tough, moisture-resistant, and durable. Additionally, choosing tiles that don’t show signs of stains and scratches is a better choice.
2. What is my Budget?
Before you go tile shopping, you need to figure out your budget. This way, when you start searching for the right tiles, you can make a shortlist of tiles that fit your budget. Generally, the price of your tiles varies based on the material and quality. Here, at Décor Cera, leading porcelain and ceramic tile manufacturer and supplier in Morbi, India, we have a wide range of tiles that are pocket-friendly without compromising on quality.
3. What size of tile should I choose?
The tile size should be relative to the room size. Larger tiles work well for larger spaces like living rooms and hallways, where you want to create a seamless look. On the other hand, smaller tiles work well for smaller rooms like pantries, kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
4. Which tile type should I choose?
Here at Décor Cera, we have a wide range of porcelain and ceramic tiles to suit different purposes. Make sure to browse through our product catalogue to pick the right tiles that work for your needs. Alternatively, you can get in touch with our customer care team who will walk you through the process. Just specify your requirements, and we’ll help you pick the best tiles that work for you.
Here are some flooring tile gyaan to help you get started:
- Décor Cera’s range of Regular body matte finish tiles works well for kitchens and bathrooms, as they are slip-resistant, water-resistant, and offer unrivalled strength and stain resistance.
- Our colour body digital print tiles work well for walls as they are aesthetically pleasing and available in a wide range of colours and designs to suit all interior themes.
- Opt for our 2cm Outdoor Porcelain tiles if you’re looking to create slip-resistant driveways and pathways.
- Tiles of larger sizes work well to create seamless floor plans for hallways and living rooms.
5. How many tiles do I need for my project?
Once you have decided on the type and style of the tiles, the next step is to choose the number of tiles that you require for the project. Make sure to measure exactly so that you can get an idea of the cost of the project.
While choosing tiles, make sure to purchase around 10% more than the required quantity. This comes handy if tiles break during installation, as you don’t have to search again for the same set of tiles design.
6. Where should I purchase my tiles from?
Tiles are an investment for your home. When chosen right, it lasts for years to come without worrying about maintenance and replacement. Make sure that you choose the right tiles with care. Give Décor Cera, the No.1 porcelain and ceramic tiles manufacturer and supplier in Morbi India, a chance to help you find the best tiles in the market.
Remember that choosing tiles based on just their appearance will leave you disappointed over time. So, make sure to consider the “what,” “why,” and “where” while choosing tiles for your home. Go over the six questions listed here and pick the right tiles at the best price.
Make sure to go through our product gallery to get a clear picture of which tiles work best for which areas and more.
Happy tile shopping!